Saturday, March 9, 2013

C4T #2

Third Grade with Mr. Capps
This week I am reading Mr. Capps blog and is a 3rd grade teacher out of Gulf Shores and seems very interested in hands on learning. The post I chose to comment on today is called "Multiplication Magic." He posted pictures of multiplication problems for his students and their parents so that they could work on them together. I love this idea it is a spectacular way for getting parents and children working together online and on the child's homework. I certainly enjoyed reading Mr. Capps blog and can't wait to read more!

Second blog post with Mr. Capps
This week I read a blog post where the students had to write a paper on a very popular topic, The Harlem Shake. This is a silly dance that has gone viral and is almost everywhere you turn (including The University of South Alabama and its basketball games). I am not exactly in love with the whole craze, but Mr. Capps using it in a classroom as a way for the kids to learn is great! The kids had to write about the history of the Harlem Shake, or the way it was making people from Harlem feel. He had a ton of great ways to make the children of his classroom think and used a relevant topic. I let him know that I certainly enjoyed it and thought it was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment