Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blog Post #10

I'm a Papermate. I'm a Ticonderoga.

I have read this and the blog post and I hate to say it but I am severely lost and I am just super confused. I hate that I don’t get it. Please explain it to me. Again, I am so sorry!

Why Were Your Kids Playing Games?
In the post about Spencer readers learned that he was faced with an argument with his superiors and games used to help learn. Spencer uses real life heroes like soldiers and nurses to try and win the argument, and that was great. He said that they do the same thing to learn, and that is so true I have met so many people at the University of South Alabama in the nursing field who play fun games to help learn. Games in classrooms aren’t everyone’s favorite but I can honestly say when I get a classroom of my very own you can bet my students will be playing and having fun, and most importantly, LEARNING!

Avoid Social Networking
This post was hilarious! This has got to be a joke, teachers not even allowed to look at their students outside of the classroom! Haha I can’t even imagine trying to ignore a child outside of the classroom, the school I work at now I have children coming up to me all the time outside of work and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Kids are great and in the future I would hate to have children with teachers who act as if they didn’t exist outside of their classrooms.

Things to Think About
Mcleod is a someone that travels to different schools and in his own words “lives on the edge of deeper learning.” He pretty much talks about the things parents have thought at some point in time. Children have got to realize that not all technology in schools is bad. Parents have got to see that and recognize that these can be great learning tools. Kids need to be taught the right way to use the technologies in schools and what good they can do when using it!

1 comment:

  1. Papermate is a metaphor for a PC. Ticonderoga is a metaphor for a Mac. The cartoon characters resemble the stars of the long series (66 over 4 years) of Apple ads starring John Hodgman as PC and Justin Long as Mac.

    You missed the metaphors of John Spencer and the sarcasm of Dr. McLeod's message: you can try to keep your kids away from technology which is fine with me. Mine will use it and speed past your kids in skills, abilities and rewards.

    ReplyDelete