Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blog Post #4 (Due 2/10)

Langwitches Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting
These seven-eight year old children were adorable! The blog was written to teach us about learning to work together,perfecting speech, and to gain better comprehension. It was really informative. I never knew that adding an emotion to a word made it easier to learn, but now that I think about it that kind of makes sense. My most favorite part of course was the recording at the end. I understood absolutely none of it because I don't know a lick of Hebrew, but I could really tell the kids were excited and it was obvious that they had worked very hard and practiced their lines. They were fantastic and did a great job making such a cool podcast.

Langwitches- Flat Stanley Podcast
These stories were so creative, getting the children to research the places their "flat" selves were going was a great way to get them learn learn fun facts about different places in the world. I loved the stories, and it showed in their voices that they did too. Podcasts are so much fun and could be a great way to teach children and keep them involved and excited about learning.

"The Benefits of Podcasting in a Classroom" By:Joe Dale
This video was pretty eye-opening, I never realized how many classrooms are already using things like podcasting. It was really neat to see the children learning and doing podcasts on their own. I also think the podcasting done by teachers and uploaded to Itunes is great for the children who become ill. It is a very effective way to keep the children from getting to far behind in the classroom. I might have to steal that idea for future teaching days, I know I certainly could have used things like that when I was in high school.

2 comments:

  1. " I might have to steal that idea for future teaching days..." Do it. be a podcasting teacher.

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to comment on your quote, "I might have to steal that idea for future teaching days." I heard a great teacher say once, "The best teacher is the one that steals all his/her ideas from other great teachers." I think this is so true! If it works, it works. Who cares whose idea it was? And I definitely think that pod-casting is one of these ideas that just works. Obviously it would take some work to incorporate it into your classroom, especially if you're at a higher grade level, but I believe that it can be done. Your post was very good and I enjoyed reading it. :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete